SCI Cannabis Cultivation Clinic: Cloning, Thinning, & Potting
Hempfest Special $100 off! #learntoweed
Learn what it takes to grow high-quality cannabis and get certified to work on a farm or in a processing facility at the Cannabis Cultivation Clinic presented by the experts at the Science of Cannabis Institute. Whether you have industry experience or are just starting out, understanding how cannabis is created will maximize your job potential.
Hang with our horticulture experts and go behind the scenes at a large-scale commercial cannabis farm in Eastern Washington:
- Learn what it takes to create a marijuana plant from seed, manage the multiplication process, and ultimately create thousands of high-quality plants.
- See first-hand how cannabis cloning works, and the processes for retaining the qualities of the original plant.
- Gain hands-on experience in thatching and ways to maximize plant growth and potency.
- Find out why certain pots are better than others, and how to choose the best ones for specific results.
- Get the basics on general cannabis plant care, feeding and management–including water, nutrition and pH, lighting, pest and disease management and more–for both indoor and outdoor growing environments.
- Plant Canopy Management
- Soils & Containers
- Light, Lamps & Electricity
- Pest & Disease Management-Integrated, Natural & Synthetic Controls
- Watering & Nutrients
- Leaf Language
- Hydroponic Growing Mediums
- How to create a marijuana plant from seed
- Optimal growing conditions for both indoor and outdoor farms
- Cannabis cloning procedures to ensure the integrity of the original plant
- Efficient management of the multiplication process
- Hands-on thatching experience
- Sustainable practices to maximize growth, yield and potency
- Best pots for best results
- General care, feeding and maintenance – from one plant to thousands!
- Eric Swaney: President and co-owner of MARPROD Farms in Othello and a licensed Tier 3 Producer/Processor in Washington State
- Tyler Markwart: A nationally renowned breeder specializing in low-input, biodynamic, and integrated pest management production systems
- Miles Thomas: Cannabis cultivation and processing expert with more than 15 years of experience in the medical marijuana industry
After completing SCI’s Cannabis Cultivation Clinic, you’ll be ready for a job at any commercial cannabis farm or processing facility! Tap into SCI’s network of cannabis producers, processors and retailers and receive a SCI Knowledge Certificate to share with potential employers.
Please Note: You must be 21 years or older to attend this class. The Cannabis Cultivation Clinic is an interactive educational experience and the class involves strenuous work in hot outdoor conditions. Substantial bending and kneeling will be required of students wishing to personally thin and pot plants, and participants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. This requirement does not apply to students who are joining us as observers, but the Clinic is not recommended for anyone with knee or back issues or any other medical condition that could hinder you from safely taking the course.